Monday, March 25, 2013

Celebrity Testimony 6: Chuck Norris(Walker Texas Ranger)

Chuck Norris Against All Odds Chapter 5 Life Choices: The world famous evangelist Billy Graham was coming to town for a crusade, and mom wanted our family to attend The crusade was held at the LA Sports Arena and the place was packed an hour before the service was scheduled to begin. People had come from all parts in Southtern California to hear the straight shooting preacher I was excited to go to the crusade,simply because it was such an enormous event, but I didnt expect to experience anything of significance in my life as a result.. After all I had committed my life to Christ and had been baptised as a boy when our family attended Calvary Baptist Church. But this was different. This was pure power. I listened to the beautiful music as Cliff Barrows lead the mass choir and the deep voice of soloist George Beverly Shea and finally Billy Grahams powerful words;I felt a tugging on my heart strings. The famous preacher explained that Christ had died on the cross in my place, that it really should have been me being punnished by death for my sins. But Christ took my place. Now by believeing in him and believeing that Jesus died and rose again from the dead, I could be forgiven of my sins,and I could be saved forever I listend intenly being mesmerized by the words that were searing into my heart. When Billy Graham invited those in the Sports Arena who wanted to be forgiven of their sins and wanted to commit their lives to Jesus Christ I walked down to the front of the stage, I almost leapt to my feet. Had mom Wieland and Aaron not wanted to go with me, I might have run down to the front. Whether my response was an intellectual assent to the gospel or a recommitment to the faith Id embraced as child, I really cant say. All I know for sure is from that night on my life was in Gods hands. I believed as mom frequently reminded me"God has plans for me." I stood in the midst of about a thousand people as Mr Graham explained Gods plan of salvation. He then prayed a collective prayer for the large froup of seekers. A counselor gave me some literature that clarified my decision and gave me some basic tips on how to study the Bible. We prayed together and he encouraged me to go to church which I was alredy doing. It was a rather simple unemotional affair but a very real transaction between God and me took place at the arena that night. I committed myself to follow him no matter what and he committed himself to me as my Lord and Savior. Over the years I havent always held up my end of the bargain,but Im thankful to say he has never done it on his side.

Chuck Norris Against All Odds Chapter 27 Spiritual Surprises: Funny thing is for years I simply went about my business going through life, doing my own thing, almost unaware of Gods presence in my life or his workings in the lives of my frineds. Now that Ive traveled a few more miles in my spiritual journey, Im able to reconize the hand of God in ways I never knew before. Amazingly he has been there all the time working all around me. I just didnt know it. Sometimes Ive simply had to step back and say,"Whew! I didnt know that God could do such awesome things nowadays, but apparently he can."

1 comment:

  1. can you add me to your newsletter? vctrry@msn.com

    ReplyDelete